Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hanging my head in Shame.


Well its been a long time. A very very long time. Sorry about that. I've been pretty busy, that and I'd forgotten all about my blog. Sure I checked everyone else's but never thought of my own. Plus I don't have a digital camera, so I can't have pictures on my blog, which I think are the best part.

As for me I am doing very well. I have a new job that I started last week, as a payroll clerk for VIHA. The job is great, the people are great and the pay is AMAZING! I consider this my first adult job, because I can see this being my career. I got hired as a casual so there was some worry for me when I took the job that I wouldn't get enough work to survive. But since I started I've been working full time and my manager just told me on Wednesday that I'll be guaranteed 4 days a week for the next 2 months. However my co-workers are convinced I'll still be working full time since they are pretty short staffed. Either way...that is great. Hopefully this means I can get out of the debt I have and work on getting a car. I want a car again. Badly.

Still doing my recap at GMMR, which seems to be going well. Sometimes I get a lot of comments (which are gold when you post on a blog, which you all know) and sometimes I don't. However it's getting easier and easier to write one, a put a little spice of myself in it. Plus no one has commented that they want to kill me, which is nice.

Christmas is right around the corner. How the hell did that happen? Seriously. Now my brain is all fuzzy with the presents I have to buy and what not. Plus my office mates and I have to make our own snow globes and take them into work as a Christmas project. I have to make a snow globe? Crafty ladies...I'm going to need your help with that one. I've looked up the "how to" online, now its about making it rock. I think whoever has the best wins a prize or something.

Beyond that everything is the same, but still changing at a rapid pace. I realized today that my 25th birthday is approaching at an alarming rate. Can you believe that? Wasn't I just 18? Here's hoping my 25th year will be just as charming as this one was.

Anyway I should hit the hay as my weekend has been jam packed with things to do and Sunday is another day. I wish Victoria's snow fall tonight had stuck. Would have been a good excuse to get out doing anything tomorrow.

And for your viewing pleasure I'm giving you a link to another cool website I found randomly on my world wide web travels: http://www.picturesofwalls.com/

Also you might note the new blog layout. I finally found one that's actually pretty and doesn't mess up my blog. I owe Deedle for that one, since I got my layout from the same place she got hers. I need to fix up some things, like my links to all your blogs and whatnot. I'm betting I'll have some time for that tomorrow.

Okay enough of me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! FINALLY a new post. Way to go. I will stop harassing you now.
Love the new look, and so happy about the new job, but you know that because I have already told you in person.
You know, Chris doesn't understand why we read eachother's blogs when we live together and talk about stuff every day. He just doesn't get it.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job and thanks for sharing that pictures of walls website. i managed to spend most of my day at work checking it out. nice to see some of vancouver's graffiti on it - some from around my neighbourhood too that i see every day. glad you're back posting again, and i love the new layout, i was thinking of using that one myself! ahahah.we're all such geeks. and by the way - i know how you and deedee feel - i make joel read my blog all the time too! ahahah

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - I was wondering what you were up to! Congrats on the new job, sure sounds like things are going good for you over there!

Love the new layout - looks great! And yes Christine, we're all geeks but we should be damn proud of that!

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout and the colours! I've been reading your recap of the GMG and you're doing a fantastic job! I love the way you write! keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I am here to harass you to update your blog. Update your blog! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

update your blog - we miss you!

Anonymous said...

i am also here via deedee's blog to harass you about updating your blog! get on it yo! i check it every couple of days and patiently waiting for an update. but motivated by deedee, i am patient no more! get on it!!
hahaha
merry christmas shauna!!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com