Sunday, April 27, 2008

One of those days

Okay so a few weeks ago I noticed that my vacuum wasn't working very well. I'd run it over obvious dirt and it would pick up some but leave most of it on the ground. Honestly being busy I left it, that is until it became CLEAR vacuuming needed to happen if I wanted to have any living soul in my home. I checked the brushroll but that was working so I figured I just needed to clean my filter. Sitting on the floor, a small garbage can between my legs, and the filter in my hands I used some tools to clear out all the dust lodged in the filter. I was resiliant...I did it for an hour...taking one smoke break and mostly watching Colin and Justin's Home Heist on HGTV. But when there was a commercial I was diligent.

I think took my time cleaning it up...one never thinks to clean the vaccum do we? So now the vacum is gleaming red and ready to rumble. This time I can feel the amount of air being sucked in...it sounded a thousand times better but still STILL it would not suck up the obvious dirt.

I took another smoke break, staring at my machine through the glass doors. In my head I thought of a million different options...ways I could take it apart and put it back together again. Heck I was even trying to think how I (a girl who can break anything) managed to wreck a perfectly nice upright hepa filter vacum with attached hose (and all those weird attachments that I don't know are used for)...had I managed to kill a vacuum only a year old?

So I sat down and started poking...thinking I'm missing something...but what? Finally giving up and I put my head in my hands and laughed. It was broken. And I've learned its best to laugh at the "bad" stuff. While laughing I look up and see a dial (a dial I don't think I knew was there) on the back of the vaccum...a dial that you turn between "Floor" and "Hose". What was the dial turned to?

Hose.

Since I have only used the hose suction on the vacuum a few times I'd forgotten it was there...and must have not changed it over the last time I used it.

I think "There is no way it could be that easy." but I turned the dial and started her up. HURRAH! Life!

So now my house is clean and I'm laughing at myself. I figured you could have a laugh too.

2 comments:

Deedee said...

You are fantastic.
Love you!

Erin said...

Love it. 4 stars, baby!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com